Google+ Followers

Sunday, 30 July 2017

Ruffle sleeves and flamingos

It seems you can't move for ruffle sleeves in the shops at the moment. I had been planning a pattern hack to add them on to a woven top pattern, then the latest Love Sewing arrived (issue 42) and it included a pattern for a dress with ruffle sleeves. I decided to use the pattern to make a top ready to wear on a weekend away. 

I had some amazing flamingo print cotton bought from Abakhan a few months ago which I knew would be perfect for this project. As luck would have it, I also had a matching invisible zip. Although I used the pattern to cut out the top. I ended up ignoring most of the instructions and sewing it together using methods I am familiar with. Some of the instructions were counter-intuitive, so I decided to freestyle it. 

I'm pleased with the top, but it is a bit tight on the body, so only really looks right tucked into a skirt, such as my Ultimate Pencil Skirt. The sleeve ruffles were really easy, and it's nice to have something that is on-trend.  I'm tempted to make another version, but maybe grade up a size so I can wear it with jeans. 



No comments:

Post a Comment